More snow overnight for Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2013
Parts of Norfolk got another sprinkling of snow last night and into the early hours of this morning when the white stuff was expected to be replaced by rain.
The latest snowfall comes just a week since the last dusting, in Norwich and south Norfolk, but was a far cry from the cold snap in January which brought widespread disruption to schools, roads and airports.
It was after 8pm when flakes of snow started to fall in Norwich persistently enough to give a wintery coat to parked cars but not enough to lay or cause too many problems.
Chris Bell, a forecaster from Weatherquest, based at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, said the snow, which fell across much of the county last night, turned to sleet or rain in the early hours with between 5mm and 7mm expected to fall by about noon today.
He said: 'It's not a great amount but certainly enough to wash away whatever remains of the snow we got. The good news is after the rain it actually looks pretty dry for a while, which is good news for farmers around the county.'
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are also on their way back up with the highs of just 1C or 2C and bitterly cold winds felt in places yesterday being replaced by much milder conditions of 5C to 7C or 8C in the coming days across the county.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault