More performers needed for the Total Ensemble Theatre Company’s new show in Norwich
More cast members are needed for a show at Norwich Cathedral which is to be part of an arts festival later this year.
The Total Ensemble Theatre Company, which champions inclusive theatre and has many members with additional needs, is creating the show Prologue for the Hostry Festival, for which Evening News' sister paper the EDP is a media partner.
Prologue will be performed as a nightly prologue to the festival's soon-to-be-announced main production, and it follows the success of Total Ensemble's debut production All Walks of Life which was performed at the 2011 Hostry Festival.
Rebecca Chapman, the company's artistic director, said: 'Prologue will feature a troupe of strolling players performing their version of Hamlet,
'We have been meeting since January and the performers have been doing some incredible work. We have about 20 performers at the moment and we are still looking for a few more.'
In particular, but not exclusively, the company is looking for a couple of young men – including a wheelchair user - to join the cast which is predominantly made up of people aged between seven and 30.
Miss Chapman explained it was free to get involved and said anybody could join the Total Ensemble regardless of acting experience or disability. She said the main requirement was that people needed to be committed and passionate about performing.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
About Total Ensemble in general, she said: 'Performance and inclusion are inseparable if the human story is to be presented with integrity. It can be created and told by all types of humans, working together; total ensemble.'
Total Ensemble also hopes to set up an academy meeting on a weekly basis to include even more budding performers.
• Anyone interested in being part of Prologue should email email@example.com
Rehearsals are at The Garage in Norwich on Friday evenings. The show will be performed from October 30 until November 3. For more about Total Ensemble visit www.totalensemble.org
• The Hostry Festival, which is an arts festival celebrating Norfolk talent, will run from October 26 until November 4, and more details about the festival will be announced soon.
• Are you involved in a new arts event in Norwich? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org