Moonlight walk success for Norfolk hospice
One hundred women strolled out under the Norwich moonlight on Friday night to raise money for cancer sufferers.
The Norfolk Hospice held its first Ladies Moonlight Walk with women in fancy dress powering through a seven-mile route of the city.
The King's Lynn-based charity helps patients, carers and families in the county living with cancer and other illnesses and organisers were hoping to raise �10,000.
In celebration of the Queen's Jubilee, walkers wore red, white and blue, with the prize for the best fancy dress going to a team dressed as Where's Wally?
Jackie Cameron, fundraising manager, said: 'It was more than we could have expected. We had people from across Norfolk and also Wisbech.
'It went so well, we're hoping we will get 200 walkers next year. Everyone dressed up which was great.'
The walk started at 10pm at Norwich City Football Club with the fastest walkers completing the route around the Riverside, Pottergate and Norwich Lanes in 90 minutes.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 8 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 9 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 10 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
•For more information about the hospice visit www.norfolkhospice.org.uk, call 01485 542891.