Mods and Rockers coming to town Sixties style
- Credit: supplied
The Mods and Rockers are riding back into town by popular demand for a family fun day.
King's Lynn is again hosting the Mods and Rockers Scooter and Motorbike Meet on Sunday, August 7.
The best of the two and three-wheeled motoring world will be celebrated in Tuesday Market Place from 10am to 4pm at the free event, a must for all motor and 1960s enthusiasts, which will see proud owners of Lambrettas and Vespas line up their prized scooters alongside Triumphs and Harleys.
And to celebratate all the style of the Mods and Rockers era, exhibitors and spectators will be invited to judge the bikes on show, determining the best motorbike, best scooter, best British bike and best custom bike and the overall favourite will take the accolade of the punters' choice.
Judges will also be looking for the best-dressed visitors too with Sixties-style clothes and hair-dos.
You may also want to watch:
Reviving the sounds of the era in Tuesday Market Place will be 1960s band The Tornados and indie rock band The Extons.
Make sure you bring the family along as their will be plenty on offer, including a number of stalls selling clothes, memorabilia, and food, and the opportunity for the younger ones to zoom around on kids karts.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
No pre booking is necessary for exhibitors, and there is no entry fee but, during the day, there will be a voluntary collection for SERV emergency blood bikes.
The Mods and Rockers Scooter and Motorbike Meet is one of the free public events organised by the Vancouver Quarter and the Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk this year. Find out more at www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/events