Model lifeboat show at Caister will pay tribute to society member
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for £1,000 will be presented to the crew of Caister Lifeboat at their model lifeboat show on Sunday.
Dozens of models will be on show at the independent lifeboat station on Sunday.
It will feature many members of the Great Yarmouth Model Boat Club, other clubs and collectors.
Steve Dean, the chairman of the club, said it will be a good display and especially pleasing that they will be presenting a four-figure sum to the lifesaving charity in memory of Jerry Garner, a member of the Lifeboat Enthusiasts Society.
He said: 'We were contacted by Adrian Clutterbuck from the Lifeboat Enthusiasts Society.
You may also want to watch:
'When Jerry Garner, one of their members, died his family contacted Adrian to find homes for his model lifeboats.
'Adrian told me his members said they couldn't take the models without paying for them, and Jerry's family have said they wanted to donate that money to an independent lifeboat charity.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
'And so, we're pleased to be handing over a cheque at the model boat show to Caister Lifeboat in memory of Jerry.'
Paul Garrod, the chairman of Caister Lifeboat, will accept the cheque in a hand-over ceremony on Sunday.
He said: It's fantastic news that this great collection has raised money to help us to save lives.
'Although we never knew Jerry, he clearly had a passion for our work and our boats - and so it's a great way to honour his memory. And this money will help us provide the best equipment and training for our crew.'
Among the model boats at the station will be all kinds of models - with several remote-controlled model trucks also on show.
The event opens at 10am at the Caister Lifeboat Station on Sunday.
There is free entry but donations are welcomed.