MOBO award-winning grime star Stormzy set to perform Norwich gig
- Credit: PA
British grime sensation Stormzy will visit the UEA LCR in April as part of a 16-stop tour around the UK of his new album 'Gang Signs & Prayer'.
He will visit the popular university venue on Wednesday April 12 at 7.30pm.
'Gang Signs and Prayer' is his first studio album and follows the success of 2015 singles 'Shut Up' and 'Know Me From'.
His debut album is released on February 24 and the first single 'Big For Your Boots' gained over two million views in three days.
MORE: British rap star Giggs to perform in NorwichStormzy, aged 23, said: 'This is the moment that I have been waiting for my whole life. I am now ready to certify my position as a credible artist and someone who is here for the long run.'
The London-born artist, real name Michael Omari, won Best Grime Act at the 2014 and 2015 MOBO Awards.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the UEA date go on sale on Thursday February 9 at 9am and cost £20 in advance.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000