Mobility scooter driver fighting for her life after hit-and-run collision in Cawston, near Aylsham
- Credit: Archant © 2009
A woman is fighting for her life in the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after her mobility scooter was in collision with a hit-and-run van in Cawston, near Aylsham.
The woman, in her late 70s, suffered a suspected fractured skull, internal and arm injuries - described as life threatening - following the accident on Brandiston Road, shortly after 3pm yesterday.
The van driver failed to stop at the scene but was later traced and a man is helping police with their enquiries.
Both vehicles were travelling in the same direction, away from the village at the time of the collision and police are appealing for witnesses.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident. It re-opened shortly before 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Wymondham Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR