Post office on wheels to serve 10 rural communities in west Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Rural communities across west Norfolk will be visited by a mobile post office.
10 key villages from Bircham to West Newton will be served by the post office on wheels, on a weekly basis beginning on Monday, March 11, at 9am in East Rudham.
Henry Bellingham MP for North West Norfolk welcomed the travelling post office.
Mr Bellingham said: 'Although this is never going to be a substitute for a proper Post Office nevertheless, this is a very welcome move which will be greeted with relief and joy by residents in these different communities.
'Also, I very much hope that if demand for the travelling Post Office is as high as I expect it to be then I would hope the opening times can be extended.'
Time and locations of villages included in the travels.
Bircham – Bircham Social Club, Church Lane, Bircham PE31 6XS – Mondays 2.15pm – 3.15pm
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 7 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
Brancaster Staithe – will be served temporarily where it will stop at the Village Hall, Main Road, Brancaster Staithe PE31 8BY on Tuesdays between 12.30pm – 1.30pm and Wednesdays 11.45am – 12.45pm.
East Rudham – The Green, East Rudham PE31 8QZ – Mondays 9am – 10am, Tuesdays 8am – 10am, Wednesdays 3.15pm – 6pm, Thursdays 8am – 10am.
Harpley – Rose & Crown Pub Car Park, Nethergate Street PE31 6UB – Mondays 10.45am – 11.45am
Hillington – Ffolkes Arms Hotel, Lynn Road, Hillington PE31 6BJ – Mondays 12.30pm – 1.30pm, Tuesdays 4pm – 5pm
Ingoldisthorpe – Hill Road, Ingoldisthorpe PE31 6NZ – Thursdays 1.15pm – 2.15pm
Sedgeford – Sedgeford Village Hall, Jarvie Close, Sedgeford PE36 5NG – Tuesdays 10.45am – 11.45am.
Snettisham – 13 Old Church Road, Snettisham PE31 7LX – Thursdays 10.45am – 12.45pm.
Thornham – Thornham Village Hall, High Street, Thornham PE36 6LX – Tuesdays 2.15pm – 3.15pm.
West Newton – West Newton Village Hall, West Newton PE31 6AT – Mondays 4pm – 5pm, Wednesdays 1.30pm – 2.30pm