MNEK at Latitude 2018: An act to remember
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Beyonce, Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Little Mix and Rudamental – Uzoechi Osisioma Emenike's writing credits read like a who's who of pop royalty.
And boy can he do it on his own as well. Known by his stage name, MNEK is making waves across the globe – he is only 23 and extremely gifted.
And yet at first the Henham Park crowd is a tough one to win over: perhaps the combination of back-to-back late nights and almost unrelenting blazing sunshine had taken its toll on the festival goers.
In fact it was probably because – especially Latitude's older revellers – were not entirely sure who MNEK was: they are now.
Radio-friendly hits mixed with the kind of big beats the ravers love, this was a set bursting with confidence, and why not? MNEK might not have been the name on most of the crowds lips as they entered the arena on Sunday morning but those who saw him were certainly talking about him as they left.
You may also want to watch:
He was perhaps scuppered a little by the earlier slot – MNEK will be better as he starts to move up bills. The dancers, backing singers and whole arrangement won't be out of place on bigger stages.
This is an act to remember. He will be headlining before long.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home