Missing pet pig found safe and well in Ringland, near Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2014
A miniature pet pig which was on the loose for about six days has been found safe and well - and has been reunited with four other pigs that were captured earlier in the week.
The five pigs were abandoned by the side of the road in Honingham Lane, Ringland, near Norwich last Thursday, and were spotted by a runner.
Four of the pigs were captured on Monday and were taken in by Wendy Valentine, from Hillside animal sanctuary.
The fifth pig, which was named 'The Ringland One', was captured this afternoon, and has now been reunited with the four other pigs.
Ms Valentine said: 'I got a call from a farmer to say that he had found the missing pig. He said it was in a barn, off Honingham Lane, so we went over to collect it. I don't know how he caught it.
You may also want to watch:
'I understand it's in good health. It's nice now that the five pigs are all back together again.'
Animal welfare experts plus EDP/Evening News reporters Stacia Briggs and David Bale had been searching for the rogue pig, which had evaded all attempts to capture it, escaping into the area's dense woodland.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 10 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
Volunteers from the centre made several trips to the scene in the hope of tracking down the beast.
The pigs were first spotted by Johanna Marsian, from Queens Hills, Costessey, who came across the five pigs while running in Ringland last Thursday night.
Miss Marsian, a 27-year-old Phd student at the John Innes Centre in Norwich, raised the alarm because she was worried the pigs would either be shot or knocked down on the road.
She said: 'I found five friendly miniature pigs next to a pile of feed close to Honingham Lane, next to a parking area, on Thursday night, as I was running.
'Obviously, someone abandoned them there. The pigs were tame but were very hard to catch.'
Has your pet gone missing? Email firstname.lastname@example.org