Missing Norfolk GP’s family start 2012 waiting for news
Dr David Lidgey disappeared from his Hilgay home, near Downham Market, in June
The family of a West Norfolk GP who disappeared six months ago are starting the new year with no news of the husband and father who left without a trace.
Dr David Lidgey, 51, has not been seen since June 29 when he left the family home in Hilgay, near Downham Market, having written a note saying he had 'gone for a walk'.
The GP had suffered from depression for a number of years and his wife Shona, also a GP, and the couple's three children are constantly waiting for him to get in touch.
Mrs Lidgey, 45, told a national newspaper she believes her husband of 18 years had never really settled in Norfolk where the family moved from London in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
'David wanted to come here. It was a way to get the children out of the city before secondary school age and find a bigger house, but it wasn't as he'd imagined. The children and I made new friends, but somehow he didn't. I know his mind went back to London a lot,' she said.
Mrs Lidgey, who works as a GP in King's Lynn, said there had been a reported sighting of her husband at a Leicester City football home match and the family travelled to another game to study the crowd, but to no avail.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
Dr Lidgey had studied medicine in the city and also had connections to Portsmouth and Weymouth but his wife believes he may be in London.
Mr Lidgey is described as white, 6ft 3in tall, and of slim build with brown/greying hair. When last seen, he was wearing brown leather boots, dark chino/jean-type trousers and an RAF fleece with the Cotton Traders logo.
Anyone with information can call the Missing People helpline 0500 700 700 or contact Norfolk police on 101.