Missing man found ‘safe and well’ after coastline search
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A vulnerable missing man has been found safe and well following extensive searches.
Police and HM Coastguard rescue officers from Lowestoft, Gorleston and Winterton were all involved in searching for the missing man in Hopton and around the coastline area last Friday evening (January 10).
While the man was not located in the coastline search, he was subsequently found by Norfolk Police on Saturday "safe and well", according to the the coastguard teams.
A post on the HM Coastguard Lowestoft Facebook page said they were called to assist HM Coastguard Gorleston and Winterton at 5.50pm last Friday, for their second call-out of the year.
It said: "Gorleston Coastguard Rescue Team (CRT) were searching for a high risk missing person in the Hopton area.
You may also want to watch:
"Our team were called in to search the coastline from the Links Hill area of Corton up to the border with Norfolk.
"Norfolk Police located the missing man the next day safe and well."
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000