Missing Ipswich man John Gladstone could be camping in south Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a fresh appeal for help in tracing a missing 34-year-old man who failed to return to a secure hospital ward in Ipswich.
Officers believe John Gladstone may be camping in south Norfolk, close to the Suffolk border.
While they are keen to hear of possible sightings, they have warned the public not to approach him.
Police said it is now believed Gladstone may be in the Diss area – around Roydon, North Lopham or Garboldisham – and possibly camping.
He was last seen on November 1 before he who went on the run after being given 'town leave' while being treated at a medical unit in Foxhall Road, Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
He left the low security unit at 7.30am and had conditions to return to the unit by 3.30pm the same day, but failed to comply with them.
Gladstone is currently subject to detention under Sections 47/49 of the Mental Health Act and is on a life licence following conviction for the offences of robbery and possession of a firearm.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 3 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
He is described as being of mixed race, 5ft 10in tall, of heavy build, and with short black hair. He was wearing black Karimoor trousers, a grey hooded top and burgundy jacket.
Anyone who has seen him or knows of his whereabouts should contact police on 101 quoting Suffolk Police reference SC-01112016-302.