Missing couple Peter and Sylvia Stuart were keen dancers at north Suffolk club
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Peter and Sylvia Stuart were said to be enthusiastic line-dancers who attended at least one dance evening a week.
The couple went to a 'Still Dancing' line-dancing club at the Mendham and Withersdale Village Hall, near Harleston, most Thursdays.
Speaking before last night's developments, Nikki Reeve, who runs the club with her mother, Karen Poll, said she was shocked at the Stuarts' disappearance and hoped for their speedy return.
She said: 'It's very shocking. It's really out of character for them. They are a really lovely couple.
'I'm just hoping that everything's okay and that perhaps they have just gone on holiday somewhere and decided not to take their car.'
Mrs Reeve said the Stuarts had been members of the club for about eight years.
You may also want to watch:
She last saw them at the dance evening on Thursday, May 26.
She said: 'They come most weeks but sometimes we don't see them if they are on holiday.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply
'They do often go away to visit family. I think they have also got family on the Isle of Wight.'
Mrs Reeve said the Stuarts were also members of other dance groups.
Mr and Mrs Stuart have lived in Mill Lane for at least 10 years.
The driveway to their home has a large red post box, the property and its driveway has trees and there are pots on the front wall for summer flowers.
The Stuarts are thought to have come from Essex and were both retired.
They had one daughter Christy, who is married to Steven Paxman and has a daughter.