Miss Suffolk steps in to national spotlight for Miss Universe
- Credit: Archant
Miss Suffolk will put aside her local crown and walk into the national spotlight for this year's Miss Universe Great Britain.
Brooke Nicola Smith, from Beccles, is in the running for the national competition held in South Wales this year.
The 20-year-old is one of 40 women taking part in the pageant this July. Before the pageant, Miss Smith will be tasked with a series of challenges and fundraising for A-Sisterhood, an organisation which supports women across the world.
Miss Smith said: 'I am really excited to have been chosen as a finalist for Miss Universe Great Britain this year and will be doing all that I can in the next few months to prepare.
'Miss Universe is one of the biggest pageants in the world and I think it is going to be a huge adventure as well as a lot of fun.'
You may also want to watch:
Around 90 countries take part in the Miss Universe event.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich