Miss Norfolk to host charity event at Norwich’s Bar 11
- Credit: Archant
Hannah Parsons, the current Miss Norfolk, is to host a charity event at Norwich's Bar 11 on Saturday ahead of the Miss England Finals later this month.
Bar 11 are sponsoring Hannah, 20, for the Miss England Finals which start in Southport on July 19 and the charity night at the bar will raise money for Beauty With a Purpose, a charity which helps disadvantaged children around the world.
The former Taverham High School pupil has already raised £500 for the charity and in a recent interview said that the reason she entered the Miss Norfolk competition was to be involved with charity work.
Melissa Rowlands from Bar 11 said: 'We jumped at the chance of sponsoring Hannah. She genuinely is such a lovely young lady.
'I've started to get to know her very well over the past couple of weeks and she's passionate about making a difference and about being a positive role model.'
Hannah is currently on the books of Norwich based Sandra Reynolds Model Agency and works in mortgage telephony.
She said: 'I am renowned as being a typical girly girl, but I think that it would surprise a lot of people to know that I play the drums.'
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 4 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 8 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
•Hannah's charity event is free for all to attend and starts at 7.30pm on Saturday July 16. On the evening there will be a suggested £5 charity donation.