Miss England is backing Miss Norwich to claim her crown
The reigning Miss England is keeping her hopes high that the Norwich area will retain the crown next week.
Jessica Linley, from Brundall, has just seen her year as the country's beauty queen come to an end but has high hopes that current Miss Norwich, Amy Spinks, will be able to succeed her.
Amy, from Hellesdon, is heading to the Hilton Birmingham Metropole hotel for the final on Monday and Tuesday after success in the semi-finals of Miss England last month.
Jessica said: 'Amy is very nervous but I've reassured her that she will do well, and I'm sure she will. With her being a Norwich girl as well, she has got my support.
'Norwich is a place I'm very fond of so I want to see someone from Norwich do well, and Amy is a really nice girl as well so she definitely deserves her place in the final.
You may also want to watch:
'Hopefully we're helping to keep Norwich on the map and showing that we have got brains to go with the looks because last year's Miss Norwich was very intelligent and worked in medicine like Amy as well.
'With me studying law, hopefully we're showing that we've not just got beauty in Norwich, but brains as well.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- Amy is hosting a charity evening to raise money for the Beauty With A Purpose charity tonight at the Bakers Dozen function rooms on Millers Lane. The evening of entertainment and a raffle with lots of prizes starts from 7pm, with tickets costing �5 on the door.
- For more details about the Miss England final, including how to vote for Amy in a telephone vote, go to www.missengland.info
- Do you know someone who is entering a high-profile competition? Call reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org