Body positive beauty queen backs children’s hospice
- Credit: Megan Casey
A body positive beauty queen is raising money to help children with life-threatening illnesses.
Megan Casey won the Miss Norfolk Curve title in June and is using it to raise vital funds for the East Anglia Children's Hospice.
As well as providing expert care for desperately sick children, the charity provide emotional and practical respite for families.
Ms Casey has organised a Christmas fun event at Barnham Village Hall on Saturday, Decemeber 1, from 2pm to 9pm.
The day will include a 'Barnhams Got Talent' show, a Santa's grotto and face painting.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Casey said: 'EACH have already raised £4.5m to help extend the hospice but still need another £2.5m to be able to keep building. It seems a lot but every penny counts.
'I'm looking for things to put into our silent auction for our fundraiser donations of cakes for our cake sale. Anyone who wants to come along just to put some money into the bucket is welcome.'
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications