Minor Injuries Unit at Beccles Hospital closes down
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Beccles Hospital has officially closed.
Beccles Medical Practice has been commissioned to provide a replacement minor injuries service for registered patients and temporary residents as of this week.
Meanwhile, pieces of paper have been stuck onto the hospital's sign telling people how far away their nearest Accident and Emergency departments are.
It follows a decision which was made in December by Great Yarmouth and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group's (CCG) governing body to close the minor injuries unit and change the way the service is delivered.
The CCG said the MIU no longer met the standards required for minor injury units and that a review of the service showed usage was generally low.
You may also want to watch:
There are currently no plans for the space that will be left behind by the MIU at Beccles Hospital.
Are you affected by the closure of the MIU at Beccles Hospital? Email email@example.com
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction