Woman hosts miniature donkey parade to raise spirits in village
- Credit: Karen Rust
A woman raised the spirits of her village by hosting a donkey parade.
Karen Rust from Sculthorpe owns five miniature donkeys and two miniature horses who live in a field nearby her home. On December 22, she, along with volunteers, took the donkeys on a tour of the village to help raise spirits among residents.
The 66-year-old usually brings the animals to events across Norfolk to raise funds for Norfolk hospice Tapping House, but as a result of the pandemic, has not been able to.
She brought her first donkey when she lived in Syderstone for her grandson. From there, her collection has grown.
“I love doing it, and I love seeing people’s faces light up when they see the donkeys,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We had people waiting at the side of the road with carrots for them. I just think it is lovely, I like doing it for people and the donkeys love it.”
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 9 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall