Art Deco-themed coffee shop and dessert lounge to open in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A coffee shop and dessert lounge is set to open in Norwich this month.
Previously The Wedding Party Shop, the site at 1 Westlegate is being transformed into an Art Deco-themed eatery called Mindoro.
With a stylish look, Mindoro's interior features marble table tops, velvet bench seating and gold accessories.
The business will offer a range of sweet treats, including gelato and crepes as well as artisan coffee and sandwiches.
An official opening date for the establishment is yet to be announced.
Plans were initially lodged with Norwich City Council to convert the site into a luxury dessert parlour by Heavenly Desserts, which has stores in Birmingham, Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Oxford and Preston.
Recent years have seen the opening of several other dessert shops in Norwich, including Figbar on Norwich Market and at St John Maddermarket, Cafe Gelato in Opie Street and Sundaes Gelato in St Giles Street.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 5 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 10 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre