Mind shop in Diss issues volunteer appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Mind charity shop in Diss is encouraging people in the town to consider becoming a volunteer there.
The charity relies on the generosity of the community to keep the shop in Mere Street going, and would welcome more support from people willing to help with tasks such as sorting, steaming, pricing, handling sales and customer service.
Chris Pink, the regional manager for the Mind shop in Diss, said: 'Volunteering at the Mind shop in Diss is a great way to give something back to the local community and it also provides a chance to develop new skills or build work experience, and can even support you in obtaining a NVQ.
'Our volunteers need no prior experience and we just ask for a commitment of two to three hours per week.'
Shops provide a vital source of income for Mind and its army of more than 1,800 volunteers across the country who give up their valuable time to help the stores run smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteering is not the only way to support the Mind shop in Diss.
Donating unwanted Christmas presents can be as good as making cash donations as each bag of donations is worth about £30 to Mind, and good quality items can be worth even more.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Items such as clothes, pairs of shoes, books and accessories are always welcome and help to raise money for Mind which exists to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn to for advice and support.
Proceeds from all donations will fund the charity's work such as the Mind Infoline, information and advice services, as well as the campaigning Mind does to secure a better deal for the one in four people who experience a mental health problem every year.
To register your interest in volunteering at the Mind shop in Diss, or find out more about donating to visit www.mind.org.uk/mindshops or pop in to the shop at 53a Mere Street Diss, IP22 4AG.