Too early for mince pies? Demand sees festive treats already hitting the shelves
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Schools have only been back a few days, the cricket season is still running on and there are still more than 100 days left to Christmas.
However, it appears Yuletide is already on the mind of some hungry shoppers.
One convenience store chain has said it has become so inundated with requests for mince pies that it has stocked up on the festive treats early this year.
It seems to be earlier and earlier each year that Christmas stocks begin to appear on our shelves - and 2019 seems no different.
Central England Co-op, which has a number of stores in Norfolk, say increasing numbers of requests from customers have meant its stores are already having to stockpile - of all things - mince pies.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Morris, store manager at Central England Co-op, said: "This year more than ever we have noticed lots of people asking when mince pies are going to be heading onto the shelf.
"So, after the number of requests began to rise, we decided to give people what they wanted and put them on sale early."
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 7 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year