Recycling centre to remain closed following fire
- Credit: Archant
A recycling centre that caught alight on Wednesday evening is expected to remain closed for the next few days.
Repairs are being made to the roof of Mile Cross recycling centre and the site clean-up continues.
The closest recycling centres are at Ketteringham off the A11, at Strumpshaw, or Mayton Wood near Coltishall.
Norfolk County Council have suggested avoiding queues by delaying visits to these sites until next week and sorting recycling before a visit.
A spokesperson for FCC Environment said: 'We would like to apologise to our near neighbours and the members of the public who use the site regularly for the unavoidable disruption this incident has caused.'
The spokesperson said although there was minimal damage they take the health and safety of staff and facilities 'very seriously' and are carrying out a full investigation.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene