Recycling centre to remain closed following fire
- Credit: Archant
A recycling centre that caught alight on Wednesday evening is expected to remain closed for the next few days.
Repairs are being made to the roof of Mile Cross recycling centre and the site clean-up continues.
The closest recycling centres are at Ketteringham off the A11, at Strumpshaw, or Mayton Wood near Coltishall.
Norfolk County Council have suggested avoiding queues by delaying visits to these sites until next week and sorting recycling before a visit.
A spokesperson for FCC Environment said: 'We would like to apologise to our near neighbours and the members of the public who use the site regularly for the unavoidable disruption this incident has caused.'
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson said although there was minimal damage they take the health and safety of staff and facilities 'very seriously' and are carrying out a full investigation.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft