More B-2 stealth bomber missions revealed
- Credit: UK Ministry of Defence 2019
More details have emerged of US stealth bomber missions involving aircraft from our region.
B-2 Spirit warplanes were seeen over Norfolk's skies two weeks ago.
It emerged that they had been training alongside F-35 Lightning stealth fighters, based at RAF Marham.
Now reports reveal the secretive US jets have made training sorties over the Norwegian Sea - said to be a strategically important zone as tensions mount with Russia.
They were refuelled in the air by four flying tankers from RAF Mildenhall, in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
The B-2s have been based at RAF Fairford during their deployment to the UK. The Gloucestershire base's long runway provides enough space for them to take off and land, while it also has climate-controlled hangars.
Earlier pictures emerged of the aircraft training with F-35s, flying in formation over the white cliffs of Dover and an un-named coastal wind farm.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 6 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk