Tennis scholarship student describes playing against Nadal
- Credit: Mike Digby
A student from South Norfolk has described his experience playing against the world's top tennis players as humbling.
Mike Digby, from Norwich Road in Wymondham, arrived at Wimbledon on June 27 having landed a job as a practice partner.
The 20-year-old said: 'I practiced beside Rafa [Nadal] on Sunday. It was incredible to see how he practices and what kind of drills he does during the tournament.
'I sat down with him after and he gave me some advice on my tennis and how to improve. It was a humbling experience and has given me even more motivation'
Mr Digby is studying on a tennis scholarship at Davenport University in Michigan majoring in Sports Management.
He said: 'Practicing with all the top guys in the world is a good way of testing yourself against the very best.
'It's a good way to see how my game is developing and what they do differently to me.'
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told