Tennis scholarship student describes playing against Nadal
- Credit: Mike Digby
A student from South Norfolk has described his experience playing against the world's top tennis players as humbling.
Mike Digby, from Norwich Road in Wymondham, arrived at Wimbledon on June 27 having landed a job as a practice partner.
The 20-year-old said: 'I practiced beside Rafa [Nadal] on Sunday. It was incredible to see how he practices and what kind of drills he does during the tournament.
'I sat down with him after and he gave me some advice on my tennis and how to improve. It was a humbling experience and has given me even more motivation'
Mr Digby is studying on a tennis scholarship at Davenport University in Michigan majoring in Sports Management.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Practicing with all the top guys in the world is a good way of testing yourself against the very best.
'It's a good way to see how my game is developing and what they do differently to me.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 5 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 9 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 10 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle