Microwave catches fire in Great Yarmouth kitchen
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
Firefighters were called to tackle a microwave which caught fire at a home.
A call came in to the emergency services at 11.14pm to reports of a kitchen fire in High Mill Road, Great Yarmouth on Saturday
Appliances from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended, however the fire was extinguished before arrival.
Responding to a kitchen fire
According to advice from the government's Fire Safe scheme if you have a fire in the kitchen, don't take any risks, get everyone out and call the fire service.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 5 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 6 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 7 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 8 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
If electric appliances are involved and it is safe to do so:
• Pull the plug out or switch off power at the fuse box. This may stop the fire immediately.
• Smother the fire with a fire blanket, or use a carbon dioxide extinguisher if available. 'Dry' water mist extinguishers and foams can be used as well (if tested to 35kV).
• Dial 999