Metro website says Great Yarmouth is “way cooler than you think”
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A writer for a national newspaper has said Great Yarmouth is 'way cooler than you think'.
The Metro newspaper, which is read by millions of people a month online and in print, featured the resort on its site.
A piece was published this weekend by journalist Andy Hill called 9 reasons Great Yarmouth is way cooler than you think.
The reasons he listed were:
1. The beach - which he said was better than Brigton's
2. We invented fish fingers - the idea was formed by a Yarmouth-based factory worker in 1955
You may also want to watch:
3. The Golden Mile - 'Basically Las Vegas, without the nagging feeling you're forking over money to the Trump family'
4. Our famously accessible broads - there is a 'well-known fondness for pleasure craft'
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
5. Literary pedigree - Charles Dickens based much of his classic David Copperfield here
6. Architectural gems - The last wooden rollercoaster is based here at the Pleasure Beach
7. Civic pride - The 13th Century market square is among the largest in Britain
8. Showbiz! - Entertainers like Jimmy Carr and Jimmy Tarbuck are performing here this summer
9. It's getting better - Hotels and restaurants have 'improved vastly'
* Let us know in the comments what you think the best things about Great Yarmouth are.