Metro website says Great Yarmouth is “way cooler than you think”
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A writer for a national newspaper has said Great Yarmouth is 'way cooler than you think'.
The Metro newspaper, which is read by millions of people a month online and in print, featured the resort on its site.
A piece was published this weekend by journalist Andy Hill called 9 reasons Great Yarmouth is way cooler than you think.
The reasons he listed were:
1. The beach - which he said was better than Brigton's
2. We invented fish fingers - the idea was formed by a Yarmouth-based factory worker in 1955
3. The Golden Mile - 'Basically Las Vegas, without the nagging feeling you're forking over money to the Trump family'
4. Our famously accessible broads - there is a 'well-known fondness for pleasure craft'
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
5. Literary pedigree - Charles Dickens based much of his classic David Copperfield here
6. Architectural gems - The last wooden rollercoaster is based here at the Pleasure Beach
7. Civic pride - The 13th Century market square is among the largest in Britain
8. Showbiz! - Entertainers like Jimmy Carr and Jimmy Tarbuck are performing here this summer
9. It's getting better - Hotels and restaurants have 'improved vastly'
* Let us know in the comments what you think the best things about Great Yarmouth are.