Mercedes-Benz E-Class wins UK Car of the Year
- Credit: UK Car of the Year Awards
The top UK Car of the Year title went to the luxurious Mercedes-Benz E-Class which showcases a wealth of innovative technology.
The Mercedes-Benz E-Class was best of the best in the UK Car of the Year Awards 2017.
Having already been awarded the accolade of best executive car when the category winners were announced in January, the E-Class has added to the triumph by sealing victory in the overall vote.
John Challen, director of the UK Car of the Year Awards, said: 'Mercedes-Benz has a long history of creating impressive saloon cars and the new E-Class continues this trend and raises the bar in the executive vehicle sector. Stunning inside and out, it takes driver and passengers into the realms of luxury. The level of technology – and the attention to detail – at your fingertips is astounding.'
Krishan Bodhani, Mercedes-Benz Cars UK head of smart and product management, said: 'The E-Class is one of our core models – it's at the very heart of our brand. When we unveiled the all-new car last year it showcased a host of innovative technology which makes it one of the most advanced cars in its segment. Together with its modern, comfortable cabin the E-Class presents a very desirable package – it's great to see it getting the recognition it deserves.'
You may also want to watch:
In the overall category, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class triumphed over the Volvo V90 and Jaguar F-Pace which finished joint second place, with Hyundai's electrified Ioniq range and the Ford Focus RS joint third.
Catergory winners were:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
Best small hatch – Hyundai Ioniq.
Best family car – Toyota Prius.
Best Executive car – Mercedes-Benz E-Class.
Best luxury Car – Rolls-Royce Dawn.
Best estate car – Volvo V90.
Best MPV – Renault Scénic/Grand Scénic.
Best crossover – SEAT Ateca.
Best large crossover – Jaguar F-Pace.
Best coupe – Porsche 718 Cayman.
Best cabriolet – Mercedes-Benz S-Class Cabriolet.
Best sports car – Porsche 718 Boxster.
Best performance Car – Ford Focus RS.