Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe pricing to start from £40,135 as ordering opens
- Credit: Mercedes-Benz
Prices for the new two-door Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe will start from £40,000.
Mercedes-Benz's new E-Class Coupe, which joins the saloon and estate, will cost £40,135 in its most basic E220d guise, with prices rising above £50,775 for the more powerful, four-wheel-drive E 400.
The two-door coupe's basic diesel engine is the same 2.0-litre turbo diesel used in the saloon, and its 192bhp output is enough to take the E-Class Coupe to 60mph from rest in 7.2 seconds. It's also capable of returning up to 61.4mpg with CO2 emissions of 119g/km.
Paying an extra £890 will buy you the 2.0-litre petrol-engined E300. A turbocharger allows this variant to boast 241bhp and a 6.2-second 0-60mph sprint. It also returns 40.4mpg and 160g/km CO2 emissions on the combined cycle.
Crowning the range is the E400. A 3.0-litre, twin-turbo V6 petrol engine sends 329bhp to all four wheels, for 0-60mph in 5.1 seconds yet still capable of 33.6mpg and 189g/km CO2 combined.
You may also want to watch:
All engines are paired with nine-speed automatic transmission.
The single AMG Line timr levels includes as standard 19in alloy wheels, half-leather upholstery, satellite navigation, parking sensors and a reversing camera.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 6 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 7 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
The entry level petrol model – the £41,025 E300 – will also come with a sports exhaust, while the range-topping E400 will upgrade the lesser models' 8.4in infotainment screen with a 12.3in unit.
Other variants can be upgraded to the larger size of screen, too, and can also be fitted with a £495 digital instrument binnacle, which creates a digital swathe across the driver's side of the dashboard.
A £2,795 premium package incorporates memory seats, panoramic sunroof and other goodies, while the £3,895 premium plus package adds 'intelligent' lights and a Burmeister sound system to that list.
There's also a £1,695 driving assistance package which provides autonomous emergency braking and radar-guided cruise control as part of an extensive suite of safety assistance equipment.
The E-Class Coupe is available to order now with first deliveries in April.