Mental health takeover: Natasha Devon’s top seven social media follows
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Mental health campaigner and author Natasha Devon MBE recommends seven social media accounts to follow as she joins the EDP as guest editor for our mental health takeover.
1. Claire Eastham
Claire's best-selling book 'We're All Mad Here: The No Nonsense Guide to Living with Social Anxiety' began online with her blog of the same name. Claire's down-to-earth approach has made her a hit with the mental health community.
Illustrator Ruby draws like Quentin Blake and captions with a liberal sprinkling of humour (and expletives), depicting what it's like to live with mental illness.
Megan aka the Body Posi Panda is dedicated to celebrating bodies of all shapes, sizes, colours and ages as well as understanding why this is important for mental health and society. Her feed is guaranteed to make you smile and/or think.
You may also want to watch:
After coming back from the brink of suicide, Jonny made a documentary 'The Stranger on the Bridge' about the man who saved him. He now does workshops in universities, and is an MBE as well as being an all-round top bloke.
Twitter: @MrJonnyBenjamin5. Ellen Jones
Stonewall's young campaigner of the year talks about her experiences as a gay young person who has struggled with her mental health. She fights the good fight on behalf of LGBT+ people everywhere.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
Beth's little thumbnail people make her cartoons really distinctive. She'll give you inspiration, a friendly kick-up-the-bum or a LOL just when you need it most.
Absolutely nothing to do with mental health, other than animals having been proven to be great for our mental wellbeing. This is the official account of mini dachshunds Finley and Scout, resident pets at ethical online shop Ohh Deer. Because sometimes you just need a dose of adorable.
Instagram: @finleyandscoutGet involved in our mental health takeover using the hashtag #YouAreNotAlone