Mental health awareness events to be held in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft
- Credit: Matthew Usher
As part of Mental Health Awareness Week Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mind will be running a series of events and activities to promote the issue.
On Monday, May 8 an event called Bakes and Cakes at Market Gates will be held at the Yarmouth shopping centre. Cakes will be available all day, depending on demand, for a small donation.
Then on Wednesday, May 10 a community information day to promote better mental health will be staged with Ormiston Families at Boston Lodge, Boston Road, Lowestoft from 11am to 3pm.
Finally on Friday, May 12 is an event called Free Pizza Friday.
People can enjoy a free pizza at the Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mind Community Roots Garden in Queen Anne's Road, Southtown, Great Yarmouth, from noon to 3pm.
People can also help out in the community garden as well.
The Mind group has been running for 39 years.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?