Mental health awareness events to be held in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft
- Credit: Matthew Usher
As part of Mental Health Awareness Week Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mind will be running a series of events and activities to promote the issue.
On Monday, May 8 an event called Bakes and Cakes at Market Gates will be held at the Yarmouth shopping centre. Cakes will be available all day, depending on demand, for a small donation.
Then on Wednesday, May 10 a community information day to promote better mental health will be staged with Ormiston Families at Boston Lodge, Boston Road, Lowestoft from 11am to 3pm.
Finally on Friday, May 12 is an event called Free Pizza Friday.
People can enjoy a free pizza at the Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mind Community Roots Garden in Queen Anne's Road, Southtown, Great Yarmouth, from noon to 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
People can also help out in the community garden as well.
The Mind group has been running for 39 years.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock