Men’s MoT health event in Harleston
A free Men's MoT is being offered at Harleston leisure centre on Wednesday, May 23, 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
The information event, focused on men's health, will give visitors the chance to speak to professionals about issues such as cancer, smoking, alcohol, fitness and exercise, diet, sexual health and mental health.
Information on the Norwich City Community Sports Foundation programmes will also be available with details about their free healthcheck programmes, and the NHS Norfolk health trainers will offer advice on maintaining a healthy heart.
Jake Kubala, of event organiser Harleston Information Plus, said: 'Men are starting to think more carefully about how they look after themselves, especially following Fabrice Muamba's cardiac arrest at White Hart Lane.'
A nurse from Big C and members of the Norfolk and Waveney Prostate Cancer Support Group will also be at the event.
Mr Kubala added: 'Raising awareness of signs and symptoms is so important. Cancer Research UK estimates around 40,800 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year. We need to know when it's time to stop ignoring a symptom and go to a doctor.'
For further information, call Harleston Information Plus, in Exchange Street, on 01379 851920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 8 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend