Men pretending to be from water board burgle elderly woman in Little Fransham
- Credit: IAN BURT
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after cash and jewellery were stolen from an elderly woman in Little Fransham, near Swaffham, on Saturday.
It happened at about 6pm when suspects targeted a home in Spicers Corner, breaking into the property through a back door.
It is thought that four men were involved, one of whom woke the elderly woman who was asleep at the time. They told her they were from the water board.
The men then searched the home, stealing a significant amount of cash and jewellery before leaving.
The victim was not injured but was shaken by the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or noticed anything unusual – people or vehicles – in the area around the time stated.
Witnesses should contact Det Con Dan Rayner at Thetford CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler