Men killed in Beck Row shooting identified
Two men who were killed in a shooting in Beck Row near Mildenhall last week have been named.
Police had been contacted shortly before 10:30pm on March 15 following the sound of gun shots near Willow Park in Beck Row. Officers arrived and discovered the bodies of two men, one of whom was inside a car which had been set on fire.
This man has now been identified as 29-year-old David Castrell of no fixed address. He had been living in Southend.
The second man was 20-year-old Shane Hill from Stromness Road, also in Southend.
Provisional post-mortem examination results showed that they both died from gunshot wounds.
Specialist teams are continuing with their search of the travellers' site and surrounding area. They have recovered a number of firearms but are, as yet, uncertain whether they are connected to the murders.
Armed police continue to patrol the area with Safer Neighbourhood officers conducting high-visibility patrols to provide public reassurance.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 9 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 10 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall