Men charged following firearms investigation in Lowestoft
TWO men have been charged by police in connection with a firearm incident in Pakefield.
Police were initially called about 7.50pm on the evening of Wednesday, December 14 following reports that a man and two women had visited an address in Pakefield Street and had then been threatened with what appeared to be a firearm.
Officers, including armed police, attended and two men – a 21-year-old and a 23-year-old – were arrested a short time later, and they have now been charged.
Liam Langley, 23, of Pakefield Street, has been charged with possession of a firearm or imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, relating to the possession of a semi-automatic .177 gas powered pistol, and affray while Samuel Smith, 21, also of Pakefield Street, has been charged with affray.
Both men are due to answer the charges when they appear at Lowestoft Magistrates Court next Tuesday afternoon, January 3,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 5 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk