Men charged after stabbings in Lowestoft
Two men from Lowestoft have appeared before magistrates this morning charged with two separate offences involving alleged knife attacks in the town over the weekend.
Stephen Powderham, 21, of Briarwood Road, was today at Lowestoft Magistrates' Court charged with causing grievous bodily harm to a 16-year-old boy.
It is alleged Powderham stabbed the boy in the back in Oulton Road in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The boy was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston where he was discharged after receiving stitches.
Powderham was remanded into custody until February 24 when he will appear at Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and directions hearing.
Alan Findlay, 49, of Marine Parade, was charged at the magistrates court today with causing actual bodily harm to a 51-year-old man.
It is alleged Findlay stabbed the man twice in the back in Walton Road in the early hours of Sunday morning. The man was treated at the JPH and has been discharged.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 5 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 6 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 7 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
Findlay was remanded into custody until March 14 when he will re-appear before magistrates to be committed to appear at Ipswich Crown Court.