Memories of the seaside are brightening Hunstanton’s promenade
- Credit: Ian Burt
It's a seaside resort which already has the cliffs, beach, fish and chips and In Bloom awards to boast about – and now it's got an added attraction.
The town's Paint Me Ceramics shop has worked with the Hunstanton and District Festival of Arts to create a tile wall feature on the seafront.
Working with local schools, groups and individuals, everyone was inspired to get creative and personalise their own tile with a memory of Hunstanton. Using a whole range of techniques, such as stickers, special 3D paint, and even hand and foot-prints, a collage of images was created.
Suzy Mason, owner of Paint Me Ceramics, which is a paint-it-yourself pottery studio, said: 'Hearing the stories as people painted was something special. We've heard about the fairground, the sea life centre and even how the Wash monster has evolved. These stories all had a common theme. 'Hunstanton holds many special memories for many different reasons, and these tiles really do show what we have to offer, from the cliffs, beach and fish and chips to the brownies, scout groups and the In Bloom awards.'
In 2012, a similar project was completed in the town for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, and Elaine Clutton, chairman of the HDFA, said: 'That event captured the imagination and creativity skills of the whole community and visitors. We had no hesitation in supporting this latest project.'
You may also want to watch:
What are you doing to make your town or village more appealing? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut