Member of the public calls 999 after spotting candle burning through window

A man has been left homeless after his caravan was set alight. Picture: ARCHANT LIBRARY

A man has been left homeless after his caravan was set alight. Picture: ARCHANT LIBRARY - Credit: Archant

Fire crews were called to a north Norfolk property this evening, after a member of the public spotted a candle was burning inside.

Norfolk Fire and Rescue were called around 10pm to Mount Street, in Cromer.

They sent two crews, who put the candle out through the window.

Elsewhere in the county, crews from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Loddon were called to a fire in the open in New Road, Fritton, at around 7.20pm. This was put out using backpack sprayers.

In Upwell, firefighters helped release a child who was locked in a bedroom.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus