Meeting over Southwold cliff slippage
Following site investigations into the cause of the cliff slippage at Ladies Walk in Southwold, a consultation meeting has been arranged to seek views on two proposals for new enhanced pathways.
This open session will take place from 10am to 1pm on February 9 at Southwold Town Hall and arrangements are also being made for those unable to attend to view the plans.
Sue Allen, Waveney District Council ward Member for Southwold said: 'Two options have been progressed to an early design stage and each would provide a long term sustainable solution for both the cliff and provision of enhanced pathways along the existing line of Ladies Walk.'
Although the schemes reflect two different visual approaches, they both utlilse pre-fabricated materials, therefore requiring less site time and disruption to both users of the amenity and to the cliff face itself, when compared with more traditional methods of construction.
Additionally, both schemes would be of similar cost to deliver.
Subsequent to the consultation session Southwold Town Council will then seek to agree a preferred option to be developed further and presented to Waveney District Council for its consideration.
Material from the consultation meeting can be made available for viewing by arrangement after the event for anyone unable to attend.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 9 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
Contact Sue Bowyer, NPS Property Consultants on 01502 532352 to make arrangements.