Meet the North Walsham Baker who shifted six stone in her ‘Great British Weight Off’
- Credit: Weight Watchers
It may be a difficult time of year for those trying to lose some weight (especially with a certain baking programme back on television), but a North Walsham baker has proved anything is possible, despite the circumstances.
Claire Knightly works as a baker at Christophers Bakery in North Walsham, and has struggled with her weight since the age of 11.
When she started high school Mrs Knightly was already a size 16, and continued to battle with her weight as she progressed in a career surrounded by cakes and pastries.
Mrs Knightly, 43, said: 'The thing I miss the most is donuts. I love them and I make hundreds a day. But I've never had one since I started to lose weight- I know if I had one I'd end up eating 12!'
There are some things that she can't give up though. She said: 'Bread. I have to have proper bread. There's all this low calorie stuff out there but I just can't bring myself to do it!'
You may also want to watch:
The mother-of-two continued: 'It's strange but working in a bakery- despite it's drawbacks, has actually helped me lose weight. I take the dog out on a long walk every day but then because I'm on my feet for hours a day shifting things that's more than enough exercise!'
She continued: 'My family love it. They were disappointed when I stopped making them so many sweet treats, but they just make their own now!'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
Mrs Knightly's success was largely down to the help of Weight Watchers.
She said: 'As a baker, cutting out pastries and bread was never going to be an option for me, and I knew with Weight Watchers it was simply a matter of making smart choice and keeping to her daily Points allowance.
'My best tip is write down everything you eat- because it's so easy to forget!'
Claire says of her Coach, Lucy Conroy, 'If it hadn't been for my fabulous Coach, I don't know for sure if I would have got to goal.'
To hear about other astonishing weight loss stories, visit the Weight Watchers website.