Meet astronaut Chris Hadfield at Waterstones Norwich
- Credit: PA
From outer space to the fine city, celebrated Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield will be visiting Waterstones on Castle Street in Norwich this month.
The astronaut, who has previously served as Commander of the International Space Station, will be heading to Norwich on Thursday, December 15 from 6pm to meet fans and sign copies of his books.
Over the last few years, Hadfield has had three books published, including An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth, which sees him apply lessons he learned in space to day to day life, You Are Here, a book filled with breathtaking photos of space and a children's book called The Darkest Dark.
As the first Canadian astronaut to walk in space, Hadfield has had an impressive career, conducting a record-setting number of scientific experiments and gaining worldwide acclaim for his breathtaking photos and videos about life in space.
He is also well-known for filming a zero gravity music video to David Bowie's Space Oddity, which received over 10,000,000 views in its first three days online.
You may also want to watch:
Deborah Chaffey, Events Manager at Waterstones Norwich said: 'Our events programme at Waterstones in Norwich has a very proud history, many notable authors and stars of stage and screen have visited us over the years. A real-life astronaut, however, is something else and Chris Hadfield in particular has become such an inspirational figure to so many all around the world.'
She added: 'It's an honour to be hosting his book signing, and we are sure this will be an incredibly popular event!'
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
• Chris Hadfield's book signing at Waterstones Norwich is a free event but access is on a first come, first served basis and fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid disappointment. For further information ask a bookseller or call 01603 767292.