Mecca Bingo players in Norwich encouraged to support Marie Curie Cancer Care’s Great Daffodil Appeal
Norwich's Mecca Bingo club is supporting the launch of Marie Curie Cancer Care's Great Daffodil Appeal this month.
The Aylsham Road club is supporting the charity's annual flagship fundraising appeal by encouraging customers and staff to give a donation in return for a daffodil pin.
The club will also be hosting charity auctions and putting on yellow-themed events to raise funds.
David Boniface, area manager for Mecca Bingo, said: 'Marie Curie Cancer Care has been Mecca Bingo's chosen charity since 2010 and I'm pleased to say we've also chosen to support the charity throughout 2012.
'This is the third year we'll be taking part in the Great Daffodil Appeal and we hope to build on the success from last year. Since our partnership with Marie Curie, Mecca Bingo clubs in the UK have raised more than �420,000.'
You may also want to watch:
All money raised from the appeal helps provide more free nursing care for people with a terminal illness in their own homes. For more details on the Great Daffodil Appeal, go to www.mariecurie.org.uk/daffodil
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17