Mayor unveils new town maps in Southwold
- Credit: Jon Hadgraft
A new town map has been unveiled in a much-loved coastal town.
On Friday (March 17) Southwold town mayor, Melanie Tucker, conducted the unveiling ceremony of one of six new town maps.
The ceremony took place at the Sailor's Reading Room and means there are now six 'You Are Here' maps at keys points around Southwold.
The scheme is the brainchild of Southwold and Reydon Society member, Tony Evans, and were designed as a donation by Clive Tickner.
The project was funded through money raised by the Southwold and Reydon Society with the support of many community groups.
You may also want to watch:
Philip O'Hear, of Southwold and Reydon Society, said: 'We are extremely grateful to all these for their contributions'.
Ms Tucker said: 'The design is unique to Southwold and confirms that we do things a bit differently here.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
'The maps are sure to be of use to residents and visitors alike and I would like to congratulate and thank all concerned.'
Recent Southwold stories: Traditional ceremony marks Commonwealth Day in Southwold