Architectural excellence and craftsmanship celebrated in West Norfolk
- Credit: The Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk
Architectural excellence and craftsmanship in West Norfolk have been celebrated at the Mayor's Design Awards.
The 2018 awards short listed 30 schemes under a number of different categories.
The Gold Award winner was Davaar House, Docking. Judges said: 'Davaar House stood out for the panel, not only does it have high environmental sustainability credentials, but is also a clever and distinctive design that sits comfortably on its plot and takes advantage of the views afforded by the surrounding countryside.'
West Norfolk mayor Nick Daubney said: 'The awards ceremony was a great evening, a suitable celebration of our push for better design and innovation and construction standards across our borough.'
Winners in full were:
Community scheme - SPAR Shop, Castle Acre
Residential extension – Larks Rise, Castle Rising
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 5 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 6 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
Single new build property – Davaar House, Docking
Conversion scheme – Ground Works Gallery, King's Lynn
Listed building – Snowre Hall, Fordham
Small residential group – Queen Street, King's Lynn
Craftsmanship – Snowre Hall, Fordham
Gold award - Davaar House, Docking
Mayor's special award – Goldings, King's Lynn