Mayor of Great Yarmouth Kerry Robinson-Payne re-opens British Heart Foundation shop
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Great Yarmouth has reopened a popular charity shop after a major refurbishment.
Kerry Robinson-Payne cut the ribbon outside the branch of the British Heart Foundation, in North Market Road, which specialises in furniture.
The store's manager Jennifer Carter said she wanted to thank the mayor for her kind words of support.
MORE: British Heart Foundation furniture store set for three-week closureShe added: 'Our staff and volunteers worked hard to get the store ready to be re opened as quickly as possible.
'We would like to thank our customers for their continued support.
'After a very busy first opening week we would like to remind everyone that we still need your unwanted furniture and electrical items please contact us on 01493 222100 or pop in to our new store and book a collection with a member of staff and have a look at our fresh new stock.'
Founded in 1961, the charity aims to stop people dying prematurely or suffering from heart disease.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 5 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas