Mattress found ablaze at house in Elm Grove Lane in Sprowston

A man has been left homeless after his caravan was set alight. Picture: ARCHANT LIBRARY

A man has been left homeless after his caravan was set alight. Picture: ARCHANT LIBRARY - Credit: Archant

Fire crews found a mattress on fire at a house.

Two Norfolk Fire and Rescue appliances from Carrow and Sprowston stations were sent to the blaze in Elm Grove Lane in Sprowston today (Wednesday, June 21) about 3.17pm.

A spokesman said: 'The crew found a mattress on fire that had spread to the building.'

There was some damage to the building's windows. The crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. No-one was injured and the crews were stood down at 3.42pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter