Martham family funeral firm’s donation will boost bereavement services
- Credit: Nelson's Journey
Proceeds from a Martham funeral directors 10th anniversary birthday bash have been handed over to a bereavement charity.
Murrants Family Funeral Services raised £200 at an afternoon of tea, coffee and cake at their premises on The Green in the village.
The total was boosted by a raffle with prizes donated by local businesses.
The money was handed over to Sonya Roebuck at Nelson's Journey, a Norwich based charity that helps children who have lost loved-ones.
Accepting the cheque she revealed the children's charity received the second highest amount of referrals from the east Norfolk postcode in 2016, supporting 131 young children.
You may also want to watch:
Michael and Lynn Murrant thanked everyone who supported their event by turning out on the day, buying raffle tickets, or donating prizes.
During 2016, Nelson's Journey received 791 referrals, a 22pc increase.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures