Marshland High School Pink Ladies raise more than £1,000 with sponsored run
- Credit: Archant
A school hockey team raised more than £1,000 with a sponsored park run.
Eighteen members off Marshland High School's Pink Ladies team took part in the King's Lynn Park run last month.
Head of PE at the West Walton school Paul Swinburn said: 'I have collected in all the money from the sponsorship and it amounts to a whopping £1,209.
'What a great effort from the kids who went about it with a smile on their face and a spring in their step – something I found hard to do whilst running. It was a baking 28 degrees and even the weekly runners said how hard it was for their first time.
'I am very proud of this bunch of hardworking students who just wanted to give a little back to the community. The sponsorship was a 50-50 split between funds for their PE Department and raising funds for the Pelicans Hockey Club new club house.'
You may also want to watch:
The Pelicans Hockey Club support our students and all the other students in the area by giving up their facility for free so the district school hockey league can run on world class facilities
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man