‘It’s my last resort to be honest’ - Norwich woman to marry total stranger on TV
- Credit: Archant
The first episode of the new series of Married at First Sight tonight features a long-term singleton from Norwich.
Office manager Verity, who now lives in London, will be the first bride on the fourth series of Married at First Sight - a Channel 4 show that sees unlucky in love singletons marry a complete stranger.
The match may have been made by a panel of experts who have concluded the pair are highly compatible, but that doesn't make it any less nerve racking for the participants.
Explaining the reason behind her decision to take part in the show after two years of singledom, 28-year-old Verity said: 'I've had a bit of a nightmare with dating over the past few years and I'm really wanting to be married, settle down and find someone who wants the same things as me.
'Putting it in someone else's hands was the next option.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm prepared to take the risk – it's my last resort to be honest.'
Viewers will see Verity get hitched to Jack, 25 tonight from 9pm on Channel 4.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 3 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
The pair saw off competition from more than 7,000 singletons to make it on to the show.